View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Bogey who is from a shelter and had very dangley dew claws on all four legs. The nail on his back paws was very hard to trim and the groomer even mentioned to me that it was very lose and to make sure we kept it very short. He is about 1.5 when we got him from the shelter and when I had he neutered I also had his dew claws removed. Doodlebug who is from a puppymill rescue also had dew claws only on his front paws and they were removed when he was neutered too. They both were neutered together on the same day at the same time. I was worried about Bogey's more so than Doodlebug but decided to have them both done to prevent any future accidents. They each had 2 stitches on each paw and totally left them alone. It is a personal decision I think but I am glad that I don't have to worry about it causing a problem in the future.

I don't think it is a big deal to keep them if they were not removed as long as they are not catching on things but it is painful if they are dangley and do catch.

Last edited by megansmomma; 03-14-2009 at 08:41 PM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!