View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
GirlABroderick
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie stolen from disabled woman

I live in Los Angeles and am on Social Security due to my disability. I struggle with "simple" tasks and have a caretaker. My caretaker and my teacup Yorkie, Hambone, adore each other. Hammy is a very affectionate and happy little girl. She adores my silky terrier, Scampy. If Scampy has to go in the cage, Hammy will follow him. Scampy has to get painful eyedrops twice a day, and Hammy will line up next to him waiting to get her eyedrops,so she can be like him.
When I went to claim her from Animal Control, I was told that Hammy had been stolen by a customer that she was supposedly left alone with for fifteen minutes, and that I could adopt one of their strays in exchange for Hammy, or take them to small claims court. They filed a fake police report saying that Hammy was stolen by a customer, but the police said that it was an inside job. When I would call Animal Control, I was told by Lt. Transo to call on Monday, then told Monday morning that he was off today, then told Monday afternoon that he had gone home for the day. When I went to confront them in person, I was told that they were "closed to the public" today, as if I were just some customer, that I was "harassing" them and that they would call the police. I wanted to stick around but my friend who gave me the ride to Animal Control didn't want to get arrested and wouldn't believe me that they wouldn't arrest us. Lt. Transo told a journalist that I had contacted that they had taken out a restraining order against me, which was news to me, since I've never received it. I call city council and the mayor and they say,"We called them and haven't heard back yet."
GirlABroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!