Thread: My Buddy Died
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
tobymom
Yorkie Yakker

Unlove My Buddy Died

I am a new member who just lost my beloved Buddy in February. It was so sudden-- I took him to the vet for teeth cleaning. My Buddy had some progressive renal disease but was only 9 years old. One of my other yorkies, the same age, did just fine, he is healthier. The vet checked lab work on Buddy and did "cold laser" (sounds like voodoo to me) therapy to his kidneys for a week before the appointment. Buddy died as the vet was inducing anesthesia, cardiac arrest(from drug overdose I would suspect) to clean his teeth! I was being a good yorkie mom, keeping my dog's teeth clean, and lost him as a result. I haven't gotten past my anger yet.

Why didn't the vet just tell me my Buddy was too sick to have anesthesia any more? To just pad her own wallet? I never knew I could feel such pain at the loss of an animal. As fate would have it, I had just adopted a shelter yorkie at Christmas time, so I still have a pair of them. My shelter yorkie is coming along well despite her start in a puppymill; her progress helps me keep my sanity during my grieving time.
tobymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!