View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Jennifer Lynn
Yorkie Talker

Default Need your opinon on using Spray bottle...

.....Gumdrop has begun to show who is boss....her. I have read books on postive re-enforcement and using praise and treats instread of newspaper. I would never using newspaper as a form of correction for potty mistakes or chewed up shoes. I have too keep things puppy proof and well the potty mistakes are part of being a puppy and should not have negtive reactions...hey I read the books...but the BITTING and CRYING in her play pen is getting out of control. I am starting to bleed from the bitting and I have clocked the crying to get out of the play pen at 10 to 15 minutes straight --non stop.

I am using a Spray bottle on a thin stream as not to bath the dog I squrit her at a distance. It seems to work, other than me wanting to turn myself into the SPCA after for animal crulety...do you think this helps the dog to learn or is their a better way.

Now let everyone understand the shot of water is givin with a firm no, I am not like Mommie Dearest running around screaming with a water bottle, I just don't want to have a negetive effect on my baby, but I feel she is getting more willful as she gets older....any adivce guys?????
Jennifer Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!