View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

OK..Now I am really confused. I missed that part in the original post where it said surgery would return him to normal. If that is the case, why would a vet say that he also could improve with other treatments. That makes NO sense to me. Who suggests surgery not needed.
I really believe this puppy from what I am reading with his vertebrae involved and with neurological issues needs to have a Board Certified Surgeon examine him to determine his best treatment plan which I am betting is surgery.
Just my two cents. I do hope that someone who can afford the above will end up with him. That is what he needs in my opinion. I have a foster in my home that people probably could not afford to repair so they left him the way he was for years...with a deformed hip. Oh, he was walking .. but he also limped...and his leg shook. Obviously very painful. Horrific to me that someone left him like that. We are spending $3,000 for his surgery and will spend more for his therapy. I had another one a few years ago who chewed his foot off because he was in so much pain from a pelvic fracture that the owners could not afford to repair. The vet report on him said that the owners had put him in a crate hoping his pelvis would heal in spite of being told surgery was the best option. So...when we got him, he had chewed the entire foot off and the leg had to be amputated.
Please!!! If a vet has suggested surgery on this puppy, be sure that is what he gets.

Last edited by ladyjane; 03-14-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!