View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
rayray08
YT Addict

Default Didn't think it would happen to me.

On YT I always read about strangers who encounter yorkies and have weird experiences. Trying to grab at them, take them away to hold and look at them ETC.

I never thought it would happen to me. Well it did and it was scary!

My boyfriend works at a drugstore and as long as you don't let your dog walk around you can bring them in. Well, we were standing in line when a woman practically ran up to see Mahina. I don't mind people touching her and she doesn't seem to care if she get's pet. This woman was absurd! She was trying to grab my dog away from me. I moved away from her and turned my body. That wasn't stopping her she kept petting her and getting really close.

Mahina isn't a cuddly one , so she doesn't like people to get to up close and she was trying to squirm from her. And then this woman does something totally unexpected! She went and kissed Mahina's head! GAH That made Mahina mad and she was squirming. I was trying to move away but this woman was persistant. I was kind of trapped like in an aisle sort of. I told her "She doesn't like to be cuddled much and she can be scared of strangers". She kept rubbing her head (messing up her top knot).

You would of though the woman could take a hint, me walking backwards, turning my body, telling her she's scared of strangers.

Sigh, I didn't want to be rude, but I may have to be next time if I encounter someone like that. I think she might have been buzzed as she smelt of alcohol and my BF said she's always coming in and buying wine and other alcohol at least once a week.

My poor baby, this is why I only take her to the doggy parks or Petco, where owners know their limits and actually ASK before touching. Even the children ask before touching.

Well, that was my little vent for the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!