View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Activated charcoal...what do you think???

Apple ate a maybelline eyebrow pencil, yesterday morning, while I was drying my hair....She chewed up and swallowed the whole thing...I called the pet poison hotline and they said it wasn't poison, but to watch for bowel obstruction...I thought she was chewing her bone...I called the vet and they said watch her for vomiting/diareah, of which she had neither...She was very fine, last night, playing w/a friends' yorkie for a couple of hours...This morning, she had a large stool stuck to her behind, and I just hurried up and rinsed her off, and took her to the vet...The vet gave her, what I thought, was a HUGE syringe of activated charcoal, and told me to give her metamucil and boiled chicken, when I got home...I thought the syringe of charcoal was way to much, for her size 2 lb. 14 oz, and, sure enough, she vomited every bit of it out on the way home...The vet said I could bring her back, and they could watch her, but they close at 1, so I'd rather watch her myself...Has anyone had any experience w/this charcoal stuff...I'm beside myself w/worry...At first I was worried about bowel obstruction, but they said since she'd had that stool, and had no fever, that probably wasn't the case...Has anyone dealt w/this situation...I'm beside myself!
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!