View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Potty training on the pads I can't really help ya with, but I've had success outside training. And I just placed him outside every hour and whenever he went, I would praise and treat him. He's basically got it 98% down and he's 5 months old. It was a lot of consistency and schedule in the beginning. And constant watching him, never taking your eyes off of him. Keep him in a small confined area - don't give free run of the house. When you catch them peeing/pooping where they're not supposed to, quickly get up and say "NO" firmly and put them where you want them to go. Only discipline if you catch them in action.

Jackson was the same way with begging, he would jump on you and he would sit at your feet and just bark. And then he learned how to jump on the couch. But once I taught Jackson obedience tricks, the begging is better. He still begs but he will go lay down and then stare at you and stay away, lol. Does she know any obedience in that sense? Because that's very important to break them of habits so they know what you want them to do. I taught Jackson sit, stay, come, down, shake and high-five. The sit, stay and down have helped tremedously in the begging department.

As for coming to you when called, I used treats. If she's treat motivated, whenever you call her name, have a treat in hand. Then she will associate coming to you as a good thing because she gets a reward.

Biting - I never had a big biter. But I heard you're supposed to make a yelping sound and pull your hand away because that's what their littermates would do. Whenever Jackson WOULD bite, I would just pull away and face my back towards him and let him know I didn't want to play if he was biting. He learned real quick.

Last edited by Britster; 03-14-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!