View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thanks, guys! Your responses have improved my nerves tremendously!

I'm willing to learn "almost" anything I can to help her. (I'm still not sure I can get the nerve to do the nails. I don't handle the sight of blood very well.) And...any time I've held scissors near my own hair, I have created a total catastrophe...the last time was a night before school pictures and I decided I wanted bangs. What a mess...best described as a cowlick sticking straight out at the top of my forehead. It didn't help things that I was the teacher...LOL

Although retired now, I was in education long enough to realize that in most situations, experience trumps book learning. This site (warning you now) will become my "go to" for help. I so appreciate your help.

Crystal, I so admire your insight and experience that your comment about when you first got Ellie May has boosted my spirit immensely. There are just so many things about a toy breed that are so foreign to my experience as a child with outside dogs. I do know from past experiences though that being afraid of making a mistake can cause them at times.

We have a church friend who is a local vet with an outstanding reputation so I feel confident in that regard. Additionally, our breeder says our little girl is a big eater so I'm hoping that getting her to eat will continue to be easy. When I allow myself to step back and see it objectively, I think we are as prepared as we can be so I just need to take a deep breath and enjoy the anticipation, I guess.

I just hope she never learns what a sucker I am for puppy-dog eyes and whimpering. If she does, I'm toast.

Last edited by TOY; 03-13-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!