View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Spread the word to all to vote down this micro-manage bill. If you sell 5 puppies in one year you are a commercial dog breeder and ar considered no different than a puppy mill in the eyes of the law if this bill is passed. You will have to comply to EVERY stipulation on that bill including house inspections, or as I call them invasions.
This is just not true, if you sell six or more dogs you would be considered a Pet Dealer. This means you will have to keep records, these records include name and address of the people to whom you sold the dog as well as who you bought the dog from, if applicable. Any vet records concerning the dog you are selling must be available to the buyer as well. A Pet dealer is not the same as a commercial breeder. These records of the name and address, and vet records are the only things the law would require a Pet Dealer to do. Commercial breeders, on the other hand, are considered those who sell over 10 litters of puppies a year. A pet dealer and a commercial breeder are not the same thing, and have different requirements.

I agree, read the law, and don't take anybody word for it; read it instead of passing more misinformation about it.

Join today and remove this ad!