View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #19
Miao
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglsey View Post
Good morning
Hello everyone...I have a 10 week old male, Kingsley...and this week I noticed he lifted his leg to pee on the pad a couple of times and I was surprised ....I thought he was to young to do that........if he does it somewhere else in the house...what do I need to do to keep him from repeating the "marking"...since he is toooo young to do the alternative...lolol..he weighs just over 1 lb...
Is he suspending his legs off the ground while squatting or is it a true leg lifting? My yorkie girl has always suspended either one or both of her legs while relieving herself on the pad. It keeps her coat clean/dry that way and I think she just doesn't want to get her legs wet. She does this "on the go" too when we're out on walks. Even when I don't keep walking as she's going, she moves on her own sort of "waddling" while going as she wants to keep at least one leg suspended at a time. It's just too cute. Some mornings, she suspends both hind legs so much she almost loses balance. I've been meaning to take a photograph of her in the act--soon!

On another note, my late shihtzu came to me spayed at 3-5 years of age. I'm not sure when she got spayed, but guessing it was before her first heat as her nipples are not much to speak of and her breasts were flatter than mine. She used to lift her leg to pee during walks when there's a build up of snow on the grass area of sidewalks. She'd just stand as close to the edge of the pavement area as possible and sometimes at most just takes one step into the pile of snow, then hikes up her leg and pees into the pile. The rest of the year, 100% of the time, she squats and she humped her "3 humps hello" for dominance whenever she's greeted by the cat.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!