View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

I agree with one of the other posters......sit back and take a breath. Everything will be fine! I know that some of the things you are reading about the yorkie breed can sound scary, but many of them are what CAN happen, but likely won't. Deal with things AS they happen and try not to dwell on the "what ifs". All you can do is be prepared & it sounds like you are.

I was just plain excited about my first yorkie......my main fear(s) was of him being rocked on by our rocking chair or stepped on by one of us. I've got 3 yorkies now and that is probably still what makes me most nervous. I know I would never do it, but when I see hubby with the recliner part of the chair up...and one of the dogs underneath it, I shudder at the thought of him slamming the recliner part down on them....unknowingly, of course. Gosh, as I type this I'm thinking....."I'm probably just giving you one more thing to be nervous about!" Sorry, not trying to that at all.

Enjoy your new baby. Love him, feed him, keep him safe and warm, and he (AND YOU) will be fine. You've done lots of research & that's great, but don't let all that you've read deter you from being able to experiance every bit of the joy this new little puppy will bring into your life.
Congrats............can't wait to see pictures!

Last edited by luckylady; 03-13-2009 at 03:29 AM.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!