View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 AM   #7
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I didn't have time to be nervous or think too much as Hot Rod was a total surprise. Hubby and I talked about possibly getting a dog when the time came (after our kitties) and lo and behold he appeared one day! I was a little bit scared because he was sooo small when we got him. He was 1.5 lbs at 15/16 weeks! He felt so fragile. One of the first nights we had him, he jumped off the sofa and kinda of hurt his leg-he held it up and I freaked. But he was okay.

and I guarantee that you will have more separation anxiety when you go on vacation than the puppy will. lol.

the best advice that I can offer is to find a good vet that you feel comfortable with, that will help put your mind at ease when it comes to any questions you have. Also, always write down your questions before your appointment to be sure you don't forget anything. Any good vet will have no problem taking the time to make sure you understand everything.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, the best is yet to come. You'll do fine and they are more resilient than you think. Good luck! Would love to see pictures when she comes home. Have you picked out a name yet?
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!