View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
YorkieGirl224
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Did you tell the vet that when he jumps off furniture he yelps? My guess is that there is some type of problem with his legs. I trained Joey to never jump from the couch or bed; he has stairs to use. Have your read much about Luxating Patella? This is were the joint slips out of place, and is very common in yorkies. A vet should easily be able to test for this, but if you didn't mention it happens when he jumps off furniture, he may have overlooked it. Does he only yelp when he jumps?

Please don't diagnose and give antibiotics without vets consent. When a vet gives you antibiotics you should use all of them, never save some for the next time, or you will help create a super bug that is very resistant to anitibotics.
I did tell the vet its when he is jumping downwards... they took xrays but they said everything looked fine. I don't think that it was a luxating patella becuase the first time when he was started on the antibiotics, the was a dramatic improvemnt within 24 hours. He doesn't yelp every time he jumps, it seems more like if when he jumps something is being irritated and making him yelp.
YorkieGirl224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!