View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieGirl224 View Post
I have a 1 1/2 yr. old Male Yorkie and I think he has some kind of internal infection. He isn't as playful as he normally is. I notice it the most when he jumps down from the couch or bed, he yelps, like he's irritating what ever it is that hurts. I've checked his legs and paws, back, spine and I can't pin point it to one exact location. He was like this a few months ago and I took him in for blood work, and ex rays, they said everything is normal, but I know my pup, this is not normal...The vet could never figure out what was wrong with him. They gave him some antibiotics to try and he seemed to get better right away. So I've put him on the antibiotics for the last 3 days, but Im not seeing an improvement yet... any one ever had this problem?? Any suggestions?
Did you tell the vet that when he jumps off furniture he yelps? My guess is that there is some type of problem with his legs. I trained Joey to never jump from the couch or bed; he has stairs to use. Have your read much about Luxating Patella? This is were the joint slips out of place, and is very common in yorkies. A vet should easily be able to test for this, but if you didn't mention it happens when he jumps off furniture, he may have overlooked it. Does he only yelp when he jumps?

Please don't diagnose and give antibiotics without vets consent. When a vet gives you antibiotics you should use all of them, never save some for the next time, or you will help create a super bug that is very resistant to anitibotics.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 03-12-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!