View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Love

Hi, Everyone.

I am the YT member that spoke with Marie. I gave the info to my Vet and he wanted to examine the puppy and see his Vet records.

It's quite a drive from where Marie lives to Valparaiso, IN so I had her call my Vet. Her daughter is a Vet Tech so she called an spoke with him.

My Vet is very interested in helping this little guy. He prescribed 1/4 of a Rimadyl tablet, twice a day for one week, and asked me to have Marie or her daughter bring him in with me, next week Thursday. He said there will be no charge for the Vet exam, because I am the one that wants to adopt him.

He has known me for many years, and knows the extent I have gone for my Wildlife Babies and for my girls.

I believe my Vet feels he can help him, otherwise he would not have gotten involved, and prescribed Rimadyl or want to examine him to see how well the Rimadyl worked.

When my tiny Kia injured a disc in her back, a number of years ago, she was given a cortisone shot and Rimadyl and it worked. She re-injured it slightly a few years later, and I noticed immediately and got the Rimadyl refilled and she has been fine ever since. We just do not allow her the opportunity to jump.

This little guy is in far better shape than Kia when she injured her disc, so I am thinking he probably won't require surgery, but if he does, I have great confidence in my Vets.

I have left Marie a message on her voice-mail, and am waiting to hear back if she is willing to travel out here.

People travel from Michigan and the Northern Suburbs of IL to see the Vets at McAfee Animal Hospital.

If Marie feels this is too far a distance to drive, please someone that lives closer, step up. I really believe, from talking to her, he is going to be fine. These little ones do amazing with LOVE. Even if he never walks quite right again, he is a sweet, loving little guy and that would not prevent Rich or I from taking him.

Sheila
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!