View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Yorktastic
Yorkie Talker

Rain Bathing Brushing and Grooming Pups

Hello everyone

First question is, how old should pups be before getting a bath? I gave my 12 week old a very quick and painless bath because he was looking like a wreck for a while. (Side note: Cant believe how smooth and fine their hair is! After blow-drying and brushing him I couldnt beleive it.) Also how often do you bathe your dog/pup? Does it depend on how their skin reacts, and type of shampoo(oatmeal?)?

Second question ties into the first one, because I dont want to give a bath all the time I try to brush him every day. I have one two-sided brush, lots of bristles on one side and wire/ball pointed bristles on the other. They dont hurt him, I go very slow and dont put much pressure on him, but he finds it so annoying. He barks at the brush and wriggles around, twists like a crazy dog and wants to play with the evil brush making it impossible to brush his head, the sides of his face and his legs.

He is so hairy and gets mats easily on his sides. When I dont brush him he really looks sickly and the hair on his head bonds together to make him look bald sometimes -_-; I was just wondering what other people out there do.

Thanks in advance!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!