View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Yorkiedaze thanks for the input. After reading your post, I phoned a couple of our friends, since we are on our own well they said they would be willing to put in gardens for themselves here and work them and help us to keep one going for ourselves. How about that We have plenty of fruit trees but I had to give up doing a garden last year since I couldn't physically work it, sooooooooo thanks to your post encouraging me to make those calls,looks like we will get to have one now and them too Our friends said this is a great idea, they live in the city and are on water rationing they are delighted to come out and put one in.

Jack read in our local paper today that the school district in the city near us is laying off over 100 teachers and personel I know so well the need of volunteering as I did so when our daughters and son were in school, there are many ways to help, so I think we will call and check to see about that. Even a little time volunteering would help the kids, am sure they would be happy to have us even at our schedule of availability, there is always a need to have someone listen to children read and also help with their class subjects, this is what I did years ago, I saw kids grades go up and it was so rewarding to help the youth. The status is now that the classes will be made larger due to having less teachers

hviola having the canning jars it really isnt if one grows their own. I use to can all the fruit but with the large freezer did that instead, since it was just the two of us. I always canned when the kids were home.

[B]Yorkiekista friend of ours used wood shavings years ago into the soil they said beings it gets so hot here that helps to hold in the moisture, they had the best garden and really produced large amounts of veggies,have you ever tried that?
Sounds great what you are planning on doing,a veggie stand is a great idea and the crafts too.

One thing I noticed was vitamins really jumped in price, last week I got Jack's liquid vitamin supply for 12 months, (checking the date on the bottom of the bottle to verify the expiration period) I so want to make sure to have them for him just in case the manufacturer goes down. These days we never know.
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!