View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
garestaylan
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Yorkie is shaking!!!

On Monday 03/09/09 we took Chloe in to get spayed. She is almost a year and a half old. While there we also needed to have a dental cleaning and 2 baby teeth pulled.

They informed us that she was in heat and it would cost extra for the spay. They used a laser treatment for the spay.

So far she has been fine. About an hour ago she was in my lap and I set her on the floor very carefully because I needed to get up. She immediately started backing away from me and has been shaking very badly off and on since.

Her heart seems to race at times, and out of nowhere she kind of freaks out and acts like she is trying to get away from something that is scaring her. At one point when I had her on my lap again, she stood up suddenly and tried to jump up to my head and climb my chest... all the while shaking again.

I called the emergency clinic around here and they were not helpful at all. No advice outside of "just bring her in if you want." We had some pain medicine that the vet gave us that we administered about 30 minutes ago in case she was in pain. The wound looks a little swollen, but doesnt seem to be painful to her when we check it.

Is this normal? Should we be worried or should we take her to the vet? Thanks in advance.
garestaylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!