Thread: Pet Training
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlauren View Post
We starting working on Bang about a week ago... Nikko learns stuff FAST. So far, he has very effectively learned that when we say "bang" he should jump away so we can't touch him. Uggh.

We haven't tried roll over yet... I haven't done much research on teaching any tricks beyond sit, stay, lay down, and shake. I suppose I should've done that before just diving in on Bang. OK, so now I'm going to go hit up google and see what the internets have to say .

Lauren & Nikko
That's EXACTLY what Jackson does! LOL. Grr! Last night he sorta did bang bang for the first time but he definitely does not have it yet. Once he his already on his back, he will stay there and when I do the "Bang bang" sound and motion, he sort of moves his paws in front of his face and I treat him. So he will do it AFTER I put him on his back myself, lol. You know?

I'm thinking I may have to teach roll over first and then continue on with bang bang. But what's working so FAR for Jackson for "Bang bang" is to do the gun motion and say bang bang and then sort of push him over and repeat the command and treat him. Once he's rolled over, he stays in that position at least. Hes not really a wiggle worm with that thank God.

I taught him sit, stay, come, down, shake and high-five really fast.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!