View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Cadens_mommy_22
YT Addict

Cry we had to put sammy down

a while back, i posted a thread that said sammy was diagnosed with cancer. we had to put him down two days ago. he was going through many treatments, but they stopped working around last week. he began to suffer, and my parents had to make a difficult decision. they chose what was best for sammy.

when i was watching my parents leave with him, it brought back a memory i didn't even know i had. 11 years ago when i was three, we had to put down my other dog. i remember clutching onto my dad's leg, and begging him not to take my best friend away from me. this was a lot like that, but i understand things a little more. it still hurts unbearably, though. i cried for days. it feels unreal. like a nightmare i cant awake from.

on a less selfish note, he isnt suffering anymore. he's in a better place. he fought cancer for over a year, when he was only expected to live three more months. i can still feel him next to me at night, and i can still hear him barking when a cat crosses my house. it took me a few times waiting for him to walk through my door when i squeek his favorite ball to realize that he's not coming back.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!