View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
bcrass2
YT 500 Club Member

I don't use pee pads either. I take them out frequently. I leash both pups, when they do go I praise them so much!!!!! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts.
When I catch them inside going, I scold them and then take them outside. If I don't catch them I clean it up and don't say anything. My boy came to me pee pad trained. I put a pee pad outside and that seemed to help. He doesn't go on it anymore.
My girl is 24wks old now and she hardly ever has accidents. My boy is 12wks old and he is starting to catch on. The key is knowing what they look like before they pee. Some go in circles, some sniff. They are crate trained at night. When they wake me up, I grab the leashes and leash them as I take them out of their crates. We go straight outside. Then we have scheduled potty times. About every hour, then after they eat, when they finish playing, as soon as they wake up from naps. I have had very good luck potty training these babies. I don't take my eyes off them for a minute. When I can't watch them (showering, eating, cooking) they go to their crates. You have to be consistent and persistent. They are very smart! You will have to be patient with the accidents...I have had to wash my bedding several times too.
Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!