View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love Just spoke with the vet....

I'm going to be taking her in today at 2. The vet had a lot of information, but basically said, these things can be very difficult to assess. He asked if she is actively on flea/tick medication (which she is), cuz flea bites could cause that. He also asked if she scoots her bum across the floor a lot (which she does), so it could be something with her anal glands. He also asked if she gets spider bites (and she has had some), but these are the basic things that could be causing this behavior. These are the things that would be easy to figure out and treat. So hopefully it's just that.

He then said, it could be something in her brain as well, and this is a lot harder to figure out. It could be very costly, and require brain scans, etc. I'm just praying this is not the case.

Today, they will just give her an exam, and do blood work/urine tests, and see if they can figure anything out. Otherwise, if they can't find anything, I'm thinking I will just monitor her behavior and see if its necessary to do the more intense neurological tests. If this behavior continues, then I'll probably have to go that route.

Hopefully, it's just something easy, and can be treated easily. You all should be vets, I swear!!! You were all SOO informative, and were right on with what my vet said!! It's amazing! I'll post an update after the vet appointment, and let you know what they've decided. Man, poor Lola HATES the vet!!! She's gonna be sad, when she realizes where we are going this afternoon
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!