View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy & Me View Post
Okay now I'm worried. Amelia's 14months and these past few weeks she has been a nightmare. I tell her not to do something, she stares at me, waits till I'm not looking and does it anyway! I ask her not to climb things and she gets down and then when I look away she's climbed up anyway! I take things off her - she screams her butt off! I try to get her to do something and she aches her back and kicks and screams and then crys at the top of her lungs. Ugh. Now I see it's going to just get worse.
Don't get too worried! Like I said, I have had just one major battle of the wills/terrible 2's episode with each of my 6, and firmly standing my ground was all it took. The younger they are when you set firm boundries the better. Rebellion now is not a sign that they are going to be bad when they are older, it just means you have a better chance now to catch it before they get older and it's harder to get a handle on. Proverbs 22:18 says "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of correction will drive it far from him." Correct these behaviors now while they are young. It may be heartbreaking for you to see her upset, but it is better to see her get a little upset now than see her make terrible or tragic choices as a teen or adult because of lack of disapline.
Sometimes I think its harder with those cute little girls because they make being naughty look so sweet sometimes, lol.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!