View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesha View Post
His body is round...lol... He has a fat belly yes. However he is very solid so maybe he is just different to my smaller structured females?? His neck is thicker and you feel more muscles on him. His fur may add to the round look I guess. He isn't overweight by the vet's description. I just think he feels a little round to me...
He may be "just right", if you look at different pictures, some yorkies have very small petite looking frame; others seem to have a sturdier looking frame. I don't think it has anything to do with the sex, just genetics. I love the cobby body style, and they can hold much more weight, but still look small. Your description of the neck area, makes me think this is the case.

I read something about, if the tummy was really puffy and round, it could indicate worms, but I can't remember the details, and I think most pups, are like toddlers, and have rounded tummies. Remember, if the vet says that he's not overweight, he's not overweight. They tend to be pretty strict in this area.

Join today and remove this ad!