View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
babybuddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default separtion anxiety

It sounds like your little one has some seperation anxiety. My little guy is only 7 months old....and he has some anxiety issues too. We use Rescue Remedy for Pets that you can get at Whole Foods (if there is one around you, or you can search for it online). It's a homeopathinc remedy (they make a version for humans also). If you definitely know that this is a case of seperation anxiety then you can try that. Also check your local pet store for other calming aids. I've tried calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm, Doggie Calm.....because my yorkie has a hard time being alone while I'm at work, but he doesn't tear up the house. I talked to a trainer about this, and she said that if the dog isn't tearing things apart when you're away, then it's more likely that the dog has confidence issues and not true seperation anxiety. I use to also keep my dog in a "safe" area for him with food, toys, pad.....and nothing would be destroyed...he would just try to jump over the babygate. Once we gave him run of the house during the time we were at work, it got a little better. Sorry for the long post...hope this helps a little.
babybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!