View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
Leesha
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Puppies need to have extra weight and fat so that they can go through growth spurts. Don't give any extra snacks, and if only healthy food is provided, dogs will generally not over eat. It's possible that there is some type of genetic problem and if the dog is truly obese, he needs to be seen by a vet. Once a dog is 8 months, you can start worrying about restricting calories or giving more exercise. What makes you think your pup is fat, is it the tummy? Does the vet say he's too fat? Remember, some Yorkies have more of a cobby body.

Trimming hair does not make it grow thicker, hair growth is under the skin, so cutting or trimming it does not make it grow thicker. Cutting hair sometimes makes it appear thicker, but the hair will get thicker as the dog matures. This sometimes coincides with cutting, and people think the cutting or shaving did it, but its not true.
His body is round...lol... He has a fat belly yes. However he is very solid so maybe he is just different to my smaller structured females?? His neck is thicker and you feel more muscles on him. His fur may add to the round look I guess. He isn't overweight by the vet's description. I just think he feels a little round to me...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!