View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Leesha
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Sometimes food becomes a "competition" in homes with packs. In the wild...they would gobble it all. You either need to make the food inaccessible to puppy...or feed at specific times. Weight can be a serious issue and it's easier to prevent it than to take the weight off.

No, it doesn't come back "thicker". Yorkies have a single layer coat and the desire is a silk texture. It is not thick "fur".
Thank you... my yorkie has very thin hair while some of the others are thicker coated and one has a cotton dry and coat that tangles very easily(that is my little fatty). Because he couldn't play much in the winter outside now that the weather is nicer he is running and playing lots in the yard. I'm hoping this will help his little belly. He is a solid little guy. Very muscular and solid. I thought maybe if I trimmed my baby with the thin coat it will grow in a little fuller.

My other yorkies eat throughout the day and because of her size I keep food down 24/7. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe switch to adult food or is it too soon?

Last edited by Leesha; 03-11-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Leesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!