View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
TresCutePiggies
Owned by Rory & Lane
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggerle View Post
Wow, just more affirmation about owning a mastiff...Bottom line in my decision to get a very small dog, was being unable to lift my mastiff in and out of the car, when I needed to...When I was married, I had some "brawn" to do the lifting...But everything happens for good to those that (and some of you will know the rest of the story)...
Anyway, I opted for a small dog, and the yorkie choice was mostly due to the aforementioned...And MAN, are you ever right about mastiffs being an easier dog to housetrain! Although I've just about got Apple not to go on the carpet, her puddle pads are strategically located in the foyer and kitchen (ceramic tile), and it's a hit and miss, at best...I don't say anything, as the tile is easy to clean, and the carpet, not so much, but I have become a slave to my little bundle of joy, and would do it again, 'cause she is my little bundle of joy
I am with you! It's just a totally different experience for me owning a little dog - I can pick up and carry around like a baby versus my big old slug. You love them both equally and in different ways.

Rory is pretty good about using her pad, but every now and then a tiny bit will leak off the side and of course fall right into the crack of the tile - well I don't need to tell you how fast that spreads. EWW! Lane is a shot in the dark. She is a rescue from a puppymill bust, but considering we have only had her about 2.5 months and her life prior to this was spent in a rabbit cage where I assume she just went when she had to, she is getting good about using the pad!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!