View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #14
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I bought frames and lenses a few years ago at the doctor's office. Very expensive pair of glasses, the lenses were trifocals and transitions. Less than a year later the frames broke and could not be fixed. I didnt' need new lenses, just new frames. The frames had been discontinued, and the doctor's office said no other frames would fit my lenses, so I was just out of luck.

I was wearing my old glasses, when I was in Walmart one day. I was in the optical shop in walmart and don't ask me why, but I was telling the guy who worked there about my sad story of having very expensive lenses laying in the drawer at home, that I could no longer use.

He said, bring them in, we find frames that will fit lenses everyday. He said he coudln't guarantee that they would have frames that would fit my lenses, but he would try.

I brought them in, they found new frames in less than an hour, and guess how much they cost. $35.00! I kid you NOT! They didn't charge me for putting the lenses into the frames, they only charged me for the new frames. And they are the BEST frames EVER!!! I've worn them for 3 years now (my eye RX rarely changes) and I love them. When I need a new prescription I will DEFINITELY be going to Walmart and I hope they have these SAME frames. They've got my business now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!