View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Omg Terrible 2's battle of the wills.

I went through the same thing with every child, always a similar scenerio. Now it's Kiana's turn. Right now I am trying to keep myself distracted while she temper tantrums because I won't pick her up till she says sorry. She always says sorry after she was naughty, and today she decided she is going to shout NO at me when I ask her if she is going to say sorry. She threw her cup of grapes and her bowl of cottage cheese because she wanted her sister's. Typical toddler stuff. So I cleaned it up and told her to say sorry, and she yelled no at me, and proceeded to put her arms up and cry so I would hold her and coddle her. I told her she had to say sorry first, and she shouted no. So she then started screaming at the top of her lungs (ugh my boys never did the screaming thing like the girls) and figured I would pick her up. So she is still mad at me right now, but she needs to know that I won't cave.
I will never forget my 3rd son Morgan's terrible 2 meltdown. He was always thirsty, and always brought me his little cup and said "pleeeease". So he brought me his cup and yelled "MILK" at me. I told him to say please, and he shouted NO at me. I told him he must say please first, and he threw his temper tantrum for an hour on the floor, till he finally came up to me with his head down and said please. I have gone through this with all of my kids, and none of them talk back (ok my 6 year old daughter can be slightly sassy ) or are naughty kids. You can just see it in them when they are that age and testing you that at that point you have to stand your ground because if you don't now, it will only get worse, just watch Super Nanny, lol. I about die everytime I watch that show, and my kids cannot believe the way those children act!
It really seems like those girls are more stubborn than boys. I don't know who it was that told me girls were easier, but they were wrong!
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!