View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Miao
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
I think many eye glass places rip you off. You can look on ebay for frames and go to Walmart for lenses. I wanted new frames that were Dolce & Gabbana, in the local mall the frames alone were almost $700 CAN without lenses.
Where I live, I've mostly been able to haggle down sunglass and/or prescription prices anywhere from 30-60% off. I've done this with Armani, Bvlgari, Rayban, Oakley, Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, Boss--really, just about any of the usual brands. If you went to places like Sunglass Hut or equivalent, there is, of course, little to no haggle room. Quite often you'd see signs around here even in the popular downtown shopping district 40-50% off sales. When you walk in, it may not apply to all frames, but it usually means you can get them to apply it to the other frames as long as you know how much you're willing to pay for something, it makes it a lot easier.

Also, I've known of people who'd make claims with more than one insurance provider. Say, redeem the coverage from your own insurance ($100-150) and then redeem it from your spouse's (another $100-150) then that already covers $200-300 of the cost of your one prescription. Insurance generally covers lens but not frame. From my experience, stores don't mind how they invoice, just that they do invoice it. This is assuming you both have insurance covered by your separate employers, etc.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!