View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #38
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel4Yorkies View Post
First let me say that I have read this and sitting with my mouth hanging open. But let me also speak from the point of the foster mom loving and caring for the Yorkies that come thru this rescue. I cannot on this page even begin to tell you my experiences just since I became a foster mom in July '08. I would have to write a book for that. We may not agree with everything that goes on but the bottom line is do we agree with saving as many yorkies as we can? My answer to that is "Yes!" My sister is the one that posted on our forum "I prefer yorkies!" and I feel the same as her. I am not familiar with the Biewer breed but would not want one not to be saved. Your mouth would drop if I told you how many yorkies my sister fosters at one time and me too due to the lack of foster mommas! I cannot say no to not saving and caring for a yorkie if there is not a foster home for it. And yes, she and I were the ones that were going to lose 2 days pay to go to Missouri to rescue and foster from one of the puppy mill busts had they needed us. But due to the National attention that it got HSMO didn't need our services. There are some hearts into this organization that ARE for the yorkies. If we don't fight for them who will. I drove to Tulsa to do a home inspection myself and place one for adoption. I was so attached to this little guy, that was originally a stray in Enid, that I cried all the way home. Might I add that is a 2 hour drive from where I live. He was malnourished when I got him but healthy and happy when placed in his new forever home. On my drive home I got a call from my daughter, who I talked into fostering, crying her eyes out that one she had fostered and just adopted out on Friday was lost from his new owner in Enid. Darby was a puppy mill rescue. I can't tell you on paper the troubles little Mr. Darby had but my daughter had given him 6 months of her love, time, and affection to be ready to have a forever home. We drove 1 1/2 hours on Sunday to help look for him. I have made posters, called vets, animal shelters and posted in papers and other free listings. We have even gone so far as to seek the advice of a pet PI. We will stop at nothing. After the weekend I just explained, the laundry wasn't done, the house not cleaned and no meals cooked for my DH. But to save a YORKIE, we did all we did for the love of the yorkie and OKYR!!! There are some posts on here that can vouch for everything that some of us do. I don't agree with everything that my job decides to do but I do a good job at what I was hired to do. (That is my full time paying job) I feel as though I'm rambling...I guess I want you all to be sure that there are some of us that have stayed involved with OKYR to save another YORKIE. I have adopted 2 of my fosters because of the health issues that they have and I wanted to be sure that the rest of their life they would be taken care of. I am so picky about the homes that my fosters go to I insist on doing most of the work myself.

Maybe going to auctions is not all right...but if they save another one, be it yorkie or Beiwer, another furbaby is saved. I understand what most of this is about. I'm not sure that I will ever understand when you draw the line from saving one off the streets, in a shelter or from a puppy mill/auction. Believe you me, between my sister, my daughter and myself we look on Craigslists numerous times a day and email them ourselves. If I ever know of one, a yorkie or mix, needing a home it is always known that my house is available if no one elses is! We have tons of people on our forum but only a handful of fosters. I don't understand that either. There are a whole lot of things that I don't understand but I do know that the yorkies at OKYR that are in 3 homes whose doors are always open to another yorkie are being loved, fed, and groomed for their forever home.

I want EVERYONE to know that the YORKIES at OKYR are being taken care of, loved and prepared for good loving forever homes with all of my heart and soul. I can only speak for myself but I know there are others. I know for a fact that there are 3 of us because they are my family!
You , your sister and daughter are true angels and have always gone above and beyond to help out the OKYR dogs. That's another sad note to this, is that there are some good people within the rescue and they shouldn't be blamed at all, just the mgmt seems to have lost it's focus.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!