View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesiesDad View Post
I'm new here, and have inherited my daughter's Reesie while nursing school takes all her time.

We faced this about two weeks ago and so far we're getting through it. The little peanut has good days and some not so good, but we're doing our best to help her through. She had both knees done at the same time, and this was something that was left to our decision. What you need to think about is the psychological trauma that the poor little thing will go through. We thought that once was enough, do them both and get it over with. She is scared to vibrating now as we go through the checkup visits. There's no way I would have put her through this twice.

As she recovers, we find that keeping her warm is a challenge as she was shaved right down below her rib cage. She shakes either with fear, cold, or maybe occasional pain. We make sure she gets her pain meds, but here we are two weeks after surgery and she's doing pretty good. The vet said on Sunday that she is doing remarkably well for this being such a short time after surgery. We keep her crated when we can't keep a constant eye on her and she doesn't seem to mind. For her it's a safe haven.

There will be days that you'll worry and the tears will flow, but it gets better.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...surgery002.jpg
oh what a face- but that picture makes me hope we never have to go through that.

Brooke- I would do it both at the same time as long as the surgeon says that is fine. Getting through it once is all you should have to do- i can't imagine doing it once and then having to bring her back in and go through all that pain again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!