Thread: it happen again
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 AM   #11
Lilia
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaytee1006 View Post
She has that, it makes her look like a shark =)... The front baby ones are falling out, and the ones comming in behind are new, i guess. But isn't it somewhat painful??

How her gum looks like? swollen & red gum could cause disconfort, that why they stop eating. Antoinette is 5 months old and she is in the teething process. She doesn't eat like she use to but so far she is eating. I brush her teeth every day, so it help her.
Losing baby teeth for dogs is not painful but two rows of teeth most be painful if their gum are swollen. I would take her to the vet to have them pulled if is necessary.
I got it from internet: My Yorkie has not lost all of her baby teeth before she got her adult teeth and now she has two rows of teeth. will they come out or do I have to take her in ?

Thank you for the question. The general rule of dentistry is that no two teeth should be in the same place at the same time. So unfortunately you should bring your your little Dracula in for a [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]dental[/COLOR][/COLOR]
http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/l...rey_loader.gif
examination. This is actually not an uncommon situation in Yorkies, we frequently have to remove retained baby teeth. If left in place they can cause damage to the incoming adult teeth and lead to serious dental problems as an adult. If you are planning on having her spayed, the extra teeth can often be extracted at the same time.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Dr. Beth
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!