Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #7
piptickle
Love my Mika!!!
Donating Member

Talking WELCOME to YT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
thanks for your help!

i will try to upload pictures of him tomorrow. i need to resize them first.

i know there are some members with big yorkies (20 pounds plus), but i'm convinced mine's a silky. his ears shoot straight up and are parallel to each other instead of hanging from the head in v-shape. when i first adopted him, his ears were hanging down. his body is long compared to his height (almost dachshund like). and he has a silver patch on his head, and this area is slowly expanding. it was only a small spot on his head previously but now the top of his head is completely white...i love him anyhow.

he's had multiple trips to the vet the past month. twice for tapeworms (he received 2 praziquental injections...ouch) and twice for neutering and follow up stitch removal. he's been checked and hasn't had any health problems outside of the tapeworms.

i will definitely try to get that book soon and read up on it. i've really tried to socialize him, but i don't want the people around me to fear my little boy. it's funny. when he goes to the dog park, he is much nicer around strangers than outside of the dogpark.
He sounds like a yorkie to me! My Mika is 8 lbs, has fully erect ears (this is standard for yorkies), they also are supposed to change colour from black and tan to blue and gold and this starts when the head starts to turn silver (I have pix in my albums of Mika at this stage). Yorkies do vary in shape and size and although they are supposed to be square (as long as they are tall-at the whithers) thats not always the case-Mika is a good 3/4 inches longer than she is tall and looks "dachshund" like too! I'm 100% positive Mika is full yorkie!!! Can't wait to see pix of your "little boy" YORKIE!!!
piptickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!