View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #6
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
thanks for your help!

i will try to upload pictures of him tomorrow. i need to resize them first.

i know there are some members with big yorkies (20 pounds plus), but i'm convinced mine's a silky. his ears shoot straight up and are parallel to each other instead of hanging from the head in v-shape. when i first adopted him, his ears were hanging down. his body is long compared to his height (almost dachshund like). and he has a silver patch on his head, and this area is slowly expanding. it was only a small spot on his head previously but now the top of his head is completely white...i love him anyhow.

he's had multiple trips to the vet the past month. twice for tapeworms (he received 2 praziquental injections...ouch) and twice for neutering and follow up stitch removal. he's been checked and hasn't had any health problems outside of the tapeworms.

i will definitely try to get that book soon and read up on it. i've really tried to socialize him, but i don't want the people around me to fear my little boy. it's funny. when he goes to the dog park, he is much nicer around strangers than outside of the dogpark.
This might be a crazy question but have you discussed this behavior with the Vet? Also does he know simple commands like sit and stay? A good excersise is while you are on your walks as soon as you see another person approaching put the dog in a sit stay with a treat and as soon as they pass give the dog the treat. You can also have people approach the dog with a treat in a supervised area with a treat and have them tell him to sit and give him the treat. This will help him associate people, kids, bikes with good things like treats. Make sure you use a specific treat only for this training purpose so it is special.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!