View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I think it took a lot of courage to post your feelings on this, and I commend you for it.

I am really disturbed at the amount of brokers/millers-posing-as-rescues I'm hearing of lately. But honestly, I am also very concerned hearing about some rescues who are perhaps *not* rescuing those who are potentially the least adoptable, or most in need - instead, it seems like they're rescuing dogs they are most "attracted to" or whatever you want to call it.

In the case you're mentioning, WHY would a rescue use its money to take a DAY'S trip to buy biewers/partis when there are yorkies desperate to be rescued on their local Craigs List, newspaper, or wherever? Why not rescue those on the kill-list at their local shelter, if there are kill shelters in the area?

I don't know what to really say...other than my initial feeling is one of real disappointment. I'm not saying those biewers/partis don't also deserve to be rescued, however, if there are needy animals in this Rescue's local area - why not save them first rather than driving to save others while concurrently supporting the animal auction business?

Call me crazy, but this doesn't feel quite right to me. Am I missing something about the ways rescues should conduct themselves?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 03-09-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!