View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
andibaby
Owned By Ace and Lizzie
Donating Member

Unlove Everyone-PLEASE-read and THINK ABOUT....

I have a moral dilemma. And I am sure that this is going to really cost me some grief in the long run but I am prepared for that. Just want to start by saying-I think it is truly only fair that anyone supporting a rescue knows what is going on. They should know where all funds are going, where the rescues are coming from, what are the main goals and interests of the rescue, what is the gain or profit overall?
This is why I joined a rescue to help out awhile back. I have not been active with it for sometime. Every so often I will access the forum to check on the status of the furbabies, see if anything is local, etc.
Well, I get on the forum the yesterday and I see a post RAVING about going to get dogs at an auction in Missouri. The excitement is overwhelming and went on about the number of Biewers and Parti's that are going to be available at the auction! (Mind you I am in Oklahoma and this is a day long trip at the least). It went on and people wanted to go to help out but it was decided that it could cause the rescue to be "found" out. So it was decided that 2 were going.
Here is the link to the auction:
Auction 2

Take a Look-Plenty to see.
Now in all of this excitement and hoopla another thread was started about a yorkie mix-schorkie-to something of this effect:

I think she is cute... asking $100 rehome though... :

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pet/1064930909.html

5 month old female Shorkie named Sophie. We really need to get rid of her, We love her but we cant have pets at our apartment. She is very friendly. Loves to play, and loves people. She knows some commands like Sit and Go lay down. She is potty trained and well kept. We are asking $100 rehoming fee... Comes with dog food and potty pads, and food dish. Anymore questions call 899 6160 or email. thanks
NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE!!!!! NONE!!!
Was she priced to high?? Was she not good enough?? We can't say there was no room-everyone was wanting a Biewer or Parti?? Why?? Do they bring in more money?? Just to say we did?? What about those old scruffs out there?
And yes, to some of the members credit they did bring this up. They are happy with just yorkies.
So ask yourself-Where are your donations going? Is this ethical? What is a rescue? Is buying at an auction making more room for the next slave baby-just like a pet store??
Please-think hard!!! Know your people and your organizations. Do your homework. And don't be afraid to right a wrong.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!