Thread: Yay! So happy
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
AprilLynn
Senior Yorkie Talker

I just pretty much got her toy....Thats the incentive since she really doesnt like treats :/
Told her Chloe "roll over" in a pretty stern but happy voice and used a little hand motion like motioning roll over and did that a few times and then immediately rolled her over on my own then I woud give her the toy really fast and praise her ALOT! Play with her for about 10 seconds then do it all over again.
Repeat, Repeat ad Repeat.

after 10-15 minuites she did it on her own. I though it was a fluke or a coincidence that she did it, I couldnt believe my else so I tryed it again and even taped it on my camera, she really did it. lol

I've never used treats for training because she doesnt love treats like lots of dogs so I have to use her toy, which she loves.

Same thing for Hi-Five. Just say Chloe "Hi-five" and put my hand up.
Do that a few times so she hears/sees it and then actually grab her paw when I am saying it and put it up to my hand. Then give her the toy and praise her alot....worked really quickly also.

Wierd thing is I thought she would be difficult with her not liking treats and she doesnt seem to pay attention very well, lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!