View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #12
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Hubby and I have decided we want to move back to Florida but we aren't sure about some of the areas. So, can someone give me a little guidance regarding the gulf side? We've been looking between Fort Myers and Sarasota (or even closer to Tampa) but since we haven't really spent much time there we aren't sure about it. We want a good area, good hospitals and some things to do...not neccessarily touristy type things to do though.

We also like the Clearwater (and surrounding towns) area but have only visited a few times. Any advice for that area?
Have you found an area yet? My parents are in Sarasota - they absolutely love it. I am heading back down their in 2 weeks with the yorkies & I can attest to it being a very doggy friendly city. (I think it would be the perfect place for a big YT meetup) Dogs are welcome a lot of places. It's just a short drive down to Venice too where there is a doggy beach.

The beaches in Sarasota can not be beat. I love Siesta Key. If you would like to visit with my parents I could put you in touch with them. They live on Palmer Ranch - they are 5 miles from the beach. There is also a YT member, who I have not yet met in person, Gayle T - she lives near Bird Key - you might want to contact her.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!