View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
saphire
Lil' CoCo, Lotta Coffee.
Donating Member

Brooke, I know how worried and scared you must be! When I found out CoCo had to have hers done, I was devastated. We did both knees at the same time, the vet recommended this, for all the reasons you have stated. One op, one recovery time etc.

I tell you what, if we hadn't had them both done together, I may not have had the second one done! It was not easy for her, but I think it was worse for me, I spent weeks in tears. I was so very pleased we did them at the same time!

Another reason to have them done at once is that when they are recovering from one op, they would be putting more pressure on the other bad leg. At least when you do them together, they have to rest both legs together.

Make sure you get a good supply of pain meds, it's vital they don't feel too much pain while recovering.

Is her hair short at the moment? If not, cut it short. They will shave her completely neked from about the waist down, and I was very silly and didn't get her cut before.. it really looked ugly with half neked and half long, and of course you can't do much once they've had the op, well not for a while anyway.

If you need any more help or tips, please just ask, I will help you in any way I can.

CoffeeAbigail-Ceana. CoCoMurfee & Winston
saphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!