Thread: Any advice
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Default Any advice

So I just got off the phone with the vet and I may have to bring Stormy in tomorrow afternoon/evening if she has not improved. Last night she was straining to go to the bathroom and when she did, she passed a very small piece of poop and a couple drops of blood. Again today she is straining and has had some more bright red blood droplets and some loose stool. Not very much but few drops. She is licking herself and appears to be find besides this. A few days ago I switched her food. She was on the Blue Buffalo and I know this was probably bad move but when the bag finished I was being lazy to go across town to petsmart so I started to give her some of the Natural Balance I had left over from last month to see if she would eat it, she was eating a bit but not very interested. At my moms she eats Royal Canin because thats what my mom feeds her yorkie and she usually likes it so I gave her some of that and she wasn't too interested either, two days ago we went on a walk and she has been fine, she did eat some grass. And so yesterday she didn't poop til late in the evening. I know she hasn't been up for the dry kibble the last few days so there probably isn't very much poop. But with the blood I got a bit worried. Today I cooked her some boiled chicken and rice and she ate it all, she's drinking water and I am also syringing it so she's getting enough. The vet said to keep feeding her the chicken and rice and if shes not improved within 12-24 hours to bring her in and he will check her out and from the sounds of it she probably has had an upset because of the food changes and will need some antibiotics. I feel so bad now because I could of prevented this probably
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!