View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Canned food, vrs , kibble.

Specificlly , By Nature.

This brand first is rated on the Super prem dog food ana. report on dry foods is listed as a 4 . I have been free feeding Suzi it for several months.
Iv'e also been giving her the canned version that is rated as a 6 , on the list.
She had been shaved down a month ago, and I felt like she could put on a lb . Now, I give her at least one meal a day of this high protein canned food.
IF I give her more a day, is this ok? What is the difference of canned vrs kibble? AND the high protein? vrs a lesser protein in her kibble?
Suzi enjoys the canned a lot more then the kibble . Would It be better to mix the two? or to continue free feeding the kibble and give her the canned one or two times a feeding?
I've noticed she has not eating as much kibble now that she is getting the canned .
How is the canned going to affect her teeth?
Here are the Canned ingredents:
ORGANIC TURKEY, SWEET POTATO & PEAS
organic turkey, natural well water, organic sweet potato, organic peas, organic guar gum, choline chloride, vitamin supplements..... No corn , no Wheat, no soy
crude protein min-8.0%
crude fat- min -5.0%
crude fiber max-1.5%
moisture max-78.0%
Calcium min- 0.35%

Here is anther one
Turkey,turkey Broth,Bacon,Turkey liver,Guar Gum, Cassia Gum, Carrageenan, salt, minerals, iron, vitamins, no corn, no wheat, no soy
Turkey & BACON
crude protein min-10%
crude fat min- 8%
crude fiber max- 1.5%
moisture max- 78%
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!