View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
YorkieLover9
YT 500 Club Member

Default Canyon Was Injured - Ruptured Cranial Cruciate Ligament

Canyon has slept with me for a long time and he never jumps off the bed, he whimpers which awakes me and I get him down. This morning I hear him whimper and he's not on the bed, he's on the floor just laying there, so I pick him up and he whimpers and I try to stand him but he won't put weight on his right rear leg.

Take him to the ER and they sedate him as vet doesn't think his leg or foot is broken and he diagnosis him with a ruptured cranial cruciate ligament, sends me home with pain meds and anti-inflammatory Remodyl and Tramadol.

I feel so bad, I can not figure out how he got hurt. I am a very light sleeper and I am beating myself up thinking maybe I rolled over on his foot and he got caught and was trying to twist out away from me, or was he sleeping and fell and twisted it, I just don't know.

He's sleeping now next to me because of the pain meds but it's so sad to see him try to walk or run with his leg being held up, brings me to tears.

I have to check with my vet tomorrow to see if he does this kind of surgery or could recommend a vet that does and get him into surgery the vet said within 3 - 4 weeks.

Has this happened to anyone else's yorkie? Will surgery make his leg normal again? Canyon is 10 1/2 months old and weighs 7 lbs.
YorkieLover9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!