View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
ParrotLady
Donating YT Addict

We just brought our puppy home a week ago and are doing the BARF diet. I read somewhere on these forums about different prepared BARF diet foods that took some of the thinking and finding the right foods out of the equation.

There is a place in CA that sells great products, but you have to be in local delivering distance to purchase. I found http://www.k9cuisine.com to have a great selection of both organic meats and complete diets.

I ordered the Freeze Dried Chicken Complete and the Beef Complete by Healthy Pet Products for Penny. She loves the Beef Complete and won't have a thing to do with the Chicken. (If you want to purchase the Chicken Complete off of me at a great discount I will send it to you.)

The funny thing is, she doesn't like either of them with water added to them. She prefers them crunchy. I think that is why she doesn't like the Chicken Complete sticks, they are soft.

I just ordered the Wellness Core - Ocean Dog Food Formula-4 lbs Bag along with the Beef Complete last night.Since she won't eat the Chicken Complete, I don't have enough Beef Complete to last much longer. (She actually took a piece of the Chicken Complete out of the bowl and carried it to the edge of the room and left it there! LOL)

Anyway, you might find some helpful products at K9Cuisine and other places to help you along. My sister feeds BARF to her dogs and they are very healthy dogs.

Tracie and Penny
ParrotLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!