View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiesMommie View Post
Hi...I just recently posted a similar question. I too have heard benefits for both. Although no scientific benefits fot not spaying. I have learned from reply's to my post spaying reduces the risk of cancer as well as other bad things. I have about decided to have my baby spayed but will have to find another vet. The vet I normally use keeps them overnight the night prior to surgery and sends no pain meds Let me know what you decide and if you find any new info.
I have never had pain meds for any of my dogs after spaying. My vet has always kept them overnight the night that they've had the surgery. Sometimes pain meds are bad, as they may pull at stitches and it not hurt them because they don't feel it when they're on pain meds. I've had surgeries too, and although I've had the pain meds, most of the time I don't even take them myself.
To the OP, I have always been 100% on having dogs spayed/neutered. There is also pyometra they can get(not sure if I spelled that right) that can end up killing them if they're not spayed. The only reason I wouldn't spay is if I was going to breed. I have a little one right now, I have always had my dogs spayed by 6 mos at the latest, but, this one is 9 mos today and still not spayed, but, it's only because of her size. I was hoping she would get to 3 lbs. but, that doesn't look like that's going to happen, so, have decided to wait until she's a year old, then take her in and pray for the best
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!