View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
yana
Yorkie Talker

just wanted to clarify, mostly greens get pureed, i do make dehydrated kale and collard chips which she loves to crunch, sometimes fruits, depending, especially things like organic apples to help brake down the rind, but i like to do both, since chewing is fun and important for human, dogs, all mammals, as digestion starts in the mouth, of course. Celery she loves to munch but cellulose must be broken down as we cant do it efficiently so it's blended as well.

In addition, i will start with whatever is recommend by the majority, how long before i rotate to a different meat, and which kind? Especially when dealing with the baby (i will also be performing searches within the forum while i await responses (with baited breath!! hehe) and then make a final decision. Is there a preferred cycle? I see most feed twice daily, pup 3 times?

We are also still having introduction issues, she is terrified of him!! lol but we are taking it slowly, he's in his crate and she is in my mom's bed ( to show her she's still tremendously loved, and not cast aside for the shiny new one lol), i believe, or she may have jumped into her own bed on the floor.

Also, she was never crated, was adjusted to pads with a box lined with them, but with a male we are a little concerned and to assist with the introduction, even though i wish we didn't have to, we are.

Quite funny, actually, (if anyone has gotten this far, thank you (!!), i apologize that this has turned from an essay into a novel!!) she regards myself as the alpha, my mother as the beta to her alpha (haha), i am allowed to do what i please, trim her coat, clean her eyes, bathe her at will, but my mother, under no circumstances can she bring scissors near her, not as easy to bathe, and she humps her, never dared to hump me. And sometimes she will growl at my mom for moving the cover or anything she may be laying on, especially if she tried to remove her from my bed. But all of the jealously anger is taken out upon my mother, which is great for me, lol. It is incredibly interesting to observe and live with a being, with which we are one, like all other beings, all completely connected, in such close proximity- a reason i think having a dog member of the family (not a "pet") is incredibly important and beneficial. Yet another tangent- thinking of naming him Watts, after a favorite author of mine, Alan Watts.

I think that about does it!
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!