Thread: "Cheap" Fence
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Default "Cheap" Fence

Nikko finally has a fenced in pee zone so we don't have to bend over and leash him every two minutes when he wants to use the bathroom (or even more commonly just hang out outdoors). I can't even begin to describe how much easer having a fenced in "yard" has made our lives, and Nikko loves it too.

I searched everywhere online, and finally ended up at our local Home Depot for the fence. Fencing is horribly expensive, far more expensive than I had previously imagined. Even chicken wire is more expensive than I thought it would be! But, I finally found what ended up being a relatively cheap and not terribly unattractive quasi-temporary fence. It is made from welded wire covered with dark green plastic, and the fence "posts" are the same color of green. We just pounded them into the ground with a hammer, no need for a fancy fence post driver.

All in all, this 50ft of fencing cost me $79 and my DH and I 30 minutes to install. In my opinion, it has been one of the best investments we've made for Nikko (and by that I mean for my sanity). He's always supervised when he's out there, but sometimes it's through a window, and sometimes I just leave the door open for him to go in and out as he pleases, when the weather is warm. It's been wonderful.

Here's a couple pictures. Like I said, not super high-class, but not too ugly either. Definitely highly functional, and SO worth it.

FencePosedShot.jpg FenceLaureninBackground.jpg
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!