View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJC View Post
The submissive position for a dog is on their back. You may need to place your baby on her back in this situation, hold her there until she calms and knows that you are in control. Word of caution. I was told this is only to be used when your dog is showing agressive behavior that way they know your the one in control. I had to do this with my chow once and it never needed to be repeated. With him being a large 90 pound dog and me (at the time) only weighing 20 pounds more than him I had to make sure he knew I was the one in control and not him. If he really wanted to he could have had my lunch but it really worked. Like I said though, don't do it if it's not necessary, and only to correct agressive behavior just as the mother would do to a misbehaving pup.

I hope this helps.
This will not be necessxary umnless the dog shows aggression towards you.

Just let the dog know that EVERYTHING is yours should be enough. Food is not given until they are calm, set it down and make her wait until you tell her she can eat it. , toys are yours and should be given to you whenever you ask for them. The sofa is yours, the doorway is yours.

You will have a much calmer dog once she knows that everything is yours.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!